What is neural engineering, and how can you, as a teacher, help explain it to your students?
MIT Professor Joel Voldman and graduate student Aalap Dighe define neural engineering in a video that showcases a STEM Mentoring event for middle school students.
Dr. Johnson also wrote a series of blog posts that look at different elements of sensorimotor neural engineering.
Ready to dive deeper? Explore the links below for additional resources to use in the classroom, including videos, lessons, curriculum units and more.
You can also explore lesson plans created by teachers who've taken part in our Research Experience for Teachers summer program.
- Neural Networks
- Neuroethics & Philosophy
- Neurological Disorders
- Neuroprosthetics & Brain-Computer Interfaces
- Cochlear Implants
- Retinal Implants
- Sensory Substitution Devices
- Exploring Engineering Careers
- K-12 Engineering Education
- Summer Engineering and Neuroscience Research Experiences for High School Students
- Glossary of Neural Engineering Terms
Questions? Contact the CNT's Engineering Education Research Manager, Kristen Bergsman.